Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Perfect Score: Cheating on the SAT

I'm still in the process of refining this blog, so I apologize if there are still a few flaws. In the meantime, you can watch this: The Perfect Score: Cheating on the SAT (my apologies for not embedding this video). For those of you who have not clicked the link, it's about an Emory student who took the SAT for at least 16 people. Interesting, right? Oh, and check this out, the College Board dude commits a parallel sentence structure mistake in that video at 10:40. Says he,
Since I believe that almost all the students take the test honestly, with integrity, and the score is valid, it’s very important that we not overreact to this case or any future cases, and do things that would be onerous and detrimental to the actual long-term security or access for the administration.
See it?

SAT cheating is actually quite common in Asia though. Read  Asians Cheat Like Mad and South Korean Cheating Scandal Hits University Bids. Please excuse my cynicism, but you law-abiding students shouldn't underestimate the craftiness of wealthy prestige whores.

Anyway, the SAT mercenary seems to be a pretty good tutor (sorry, I can't embed this video either). In fact, I wholeheartedly agree with all of his advice. I wish he had tutored me on the math section, though. I never did figure out how to use a TI-86. I would've figured it out had I watched that video.

Do this one. It's easy if you know what you're doing (or if you've been paying attention in class):
1. When for the first time the United States imported more oil than it exported, Americans should have realized that an energy crisis was imminent and could happen in the future.
(A) was imminent and could happen in the future
(B) could happen imminently in the future
(C) will be imminent and happening soon
(D) is an imminent thing
(E) might be imminent
Happy studying!

No comments:

Post a Comment